So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom. Psalm 90.12

Tuesday 13 December 2011

Buried in Cards

I have made a lot of cards recently (over 60!), so I thought I would show you one of the designs I have created.





These were made using a French postcard image from The Graphics Fairy (the one on the bottom is the one I used on this project).  These were very simple cards to make - ivory card base, a piece of diagonal plaid paper, postcard, postage stamp, stamped sentiment (details will be below this post).

And yes, those are real postage stamps.  My husband collects stamps as a hobby and he gives me all the damaged or extra stamps to use in crafting.  In the first individual photo, the stamp is of our dear King George VI (from the 1940's I believe).  The second card uses an old French stamp and the third uses a stamp of our present Queen, Elizabeth II.

Thanks for visiting today!

Card Details:
Card bases - ivory, Recollections (Michaels)
Postcard image - The Graphics Fairy
Patterned paper - diagonal red, black, and cream plaid  (?)
Vintage postage stamps - kindness of Robbie
Merry Christmas sentiment - clear acrylic stamp set from Michaels $1.50 bin
Ink - black pigment ink from Michaels $1.50 bin

No comments: