So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom. Psalm 90.12

Tuesday 7 June 2011

Kraft Obsession

This is a card I made a while back using the vintage couple collage from Create with TLC.  Paulette is SUPER generous with her beautiful work and she also has an online shop where she sells her digital stamps, backgrounds, papers, etc.  I love all her vintage style stuff.  If you're a crafter, go take a look at her blog and shop!


I printed the digital stamp directly on kraft cardstock using Microsoft Word - which, alas, no longer works on my computer for whatever reason :(    I used rose and silver metallic gel pens (dollar store!) to accent the image a little.  The sentiment ticket is from Sentiments 4 You, printed out on kraft as well and outlined with the silver metallic pen.  The flower/rosette in the top left hand corner is my own creation - kind of an experiment.  I cut out various sized circles of cardstock, scrunched them, folded them and messed them up before inking the edges and putting them together with one of my tiny round gunmetal brads from Making Memories.  

My next card uses a silhouette image from  The Graphics Fairy.  I also used MS Word to print this image right onto the half-fold (8 1/2 " by 5 1/2 ") card.


I made another "shabby kraft rosette" for this card.  The sentiment ticket is also from Sentiments 4 You.  The sticker along the bottom is a dimensional sticker from one of my dollar store packs.

These two cards were quite an experiment for me.  I'm not entirely satisfied with how they turned out, but I enjoy trying new things.

Thanks for visiting today!

No comments: