So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom. Psalm 90.12

Friday 17 June 2011

Break Time

We're taking a little break from homeschooling this week to relax a little and catch up on some stuff around the house - like laundry! ;)  A friend of mine from Bible School days is visiting the Island for a week, so I'm looking forward to seeing her.  I'm calling this our "June Break".  Since this school year got so messed up, I'm seriously thinking about year round schooling.  Ah, the beauty of homeschooling.  I don't know for sure yet what I'm going to do.  What I do know is that my daughter is 42 days into a 160 day programme and she's not exactly zipping through the lessons.  I had to redo so much foundational work with her it isn't funny.

I'm really enjoying the curriculum we're using - My Father's World First Grade.  We also used their kindergarten curriculum last year.  I'd like to do a review on this curriculum at some point.  Many people have never heard of this company and they have some really fine material to offer and their prices are fairly reasonable.

Anyway, I'm off to bed.  It's been a long day!  Thanks for visiting.

No comments: